Impact on Family Businesses after a New York and Connecticut Divorce
Family law is more than just divorce. It has to do with everything that touches you as a family member. At the Miller Law Group, we don’t just handle divorces. Our New York and Connecticut divorce attorneys help our clients resolve legal problems that affect their families. We handle a full range of matters, including estate planning and probate, as well as business disputes that affect families. These include disputes related to family businesses, small business contracts and partnerships.
Our firm focuses on mediation and Collaborative Law instead of litigation, which can be a great asset to our clients in business matters. Mediation offers businesses the benefit of achieving practical solutions to disputes with shareholders, customers, suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
Possible Business Disputes
A wide range of business disputes may be mediated, including:
- Shareholder disputes involving minority stockholders and partners, professional liability, conflict of interest and related matters
- Professional negligence claims involving medical professionals, accountants, architects, engineers, lawyers and other state-licensed professionals
- Personal injury claims relating to cost of medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of earning capacity, and loss of future earnings
- Real estate issues involving landlord-tenant relationships, buyer-seller relationships, financing issues, boundary issues and property defects
- Business or partnership dissolution topics, including consulting arrangements, valuation issues, financing concerns, and issues related to business succession
Contact our law office in New Rochelle, New York, by calling (914) 738-7765 for a confidential consultation about your divorce or other family law matters. Attorneys at our New Rochelle office serve clients throughout Westchester County. We also have a Manhattan office to serve clients in New York City.